Sunday, April 12, 2009

New beginnings...


I know, it's trite - hackneyed - a cliche: an Easter article about starting over - Creating anew.

But, I gotta tell 'ya - the principles I'm most pointed toward today are hope and renewal.

Partly because it's so hard to come by for me - I have been awash in my character defects of late and watching my life and my spirit get sicker as a consequence. Partly because of the state of the economy and my little part of the world - it doesn't take much attention (at meetings, coffee shops, work discussions, the grocery store, family gatherings) to hear stories of sadness and fear as a consequence of the world's current state and the resultant destroyed plans and dreams. Partly because of new possibilities - I really like almost everything new coming out of the Obama administration and the whole spring season upon us.

For all those reasons and many more, I'm a great fan today of "let's start this baby over!!!" Let's really get rid of all that old crap and begin anew...

I also think it's nice that it's Easter. When I was a Christian, it was one of my favorite times because of all that it represented in that set of beliefs. While I may have left that faith, I certainly applaud the need for redemption through God's grace and the story of the resurrection is as good a representation of that as any for today...

I wish us all a happy day - let's seek and celebrate new beginnings this and every day...

Love,
Ed

2 comments:

Syd said...

The new beginnings are sprouting all around me. Wonderful morning here. Have a good day, Ed.

Scott W said...

We have a choice to either live with fear or live with trust and faith. I choose the latter two.