Thursday, April 30, 2009

Change of plans (again)...

Just when I think my life is going to look like ____, it all changes. All the time this happens...

I had planned to post an article every day for the past 5 days - we can all see how well that plan worked out...

There's a long story that I will tell another time but, for now, suffice to say I came to New York City and hoped to hang back while the world let me set aside and "take a rest" (from what, I don't really know...). The whole trip was set up in a way that caused me resentment and sadness (again, the details are not important).

What happened instead, was that I had an almost charmed, magical, experience.

It has been one of those incredible experiences of being in exactly the right place at the right time. The picture above is 182 Clinton St., Brooklyn (Bill & Lois' Clinton Street house) - it's a crummy picture taken on a Blackberry at twilight, but it's a case in point of how the whole experience unfolded - I was just taken there one night.

If anyone missed my articles the past few days (seems unlikely), I apologize. I look forward to getting back into the groove and write about how the principles of AA have brought me here and have served me in all these times...

For now, my heart is full and I have some reading to catch up on...

Aloha...
Ed

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I think the photo is awesome. Glad you got to go there.

Scott W said...

Things usually work out when we get out of the way.