Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Insanity...

I've heard many "definitions" of insanity in AA meetings. Funny, we sober up and we all seem to think we get to make up our own definitions but that's another article...

One of the best I and most familiar definitions I hear is "...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..." (did Albert Einstein really make that saying up?)

We had a meeting yesterday on Step 2 - I guess you could call that AA's "sanity clause" (come on, you knew there was a sanity clause...)

Sanity, from dictionary.com is:
1. the state of being sane; soundness of mind.
2. soundness of judgment.

Sane is:
1. free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person.
2. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.
3. sound; healthy.

Not me - 25 years ago...

Today, pretty much me...

Thank God for grace...

Ed

2 comments:

Syd said...

I am much more mentally and spiritually healthy than I was before the program.

Scott W said...

Without new found sanity I couldn't advance in the program. I had to get off the crazy horse.