Thursday, December 31, 2009

The zeroes...


It has seemed like I've wanted to post something about the decade or at least the year so I've been noodling about it some - I can't seem to get any clear direction.  I also have another article I need to write but I'm still waiting for that story to come to a clear transition point.

That might just summarize the past decade - in fact, a significant part of my life - in a nutshell: great plans, many distractions and, with God's grace, small bits of progress/growth.

It seems indulgent to write here about Auld Lang Sine when Mary in Africa is already well into the next decade...

I never thought that, better than 1/2 way through my 3rd decade of sobriety, I would be here.

I don't remember much of the past decade too fondly.  Though there were some wondrous, positive moments, I bet I could match them 2-for-1 with negatives.

All the negatives are circumstantial: money, jobs, titles, stuff, etc.

Among the positives are: good health, relationships, new lives, etc.

And, I can't imagine any other possible path that could have got me from there to here.

And here, tonight, is just damn near perfect.

Blessings to all on this most perfect of beginnings for what I trust will be a wonderful year.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

OK.
Let's have the best decade we can imagine.

Unknown said...

Have a great night and to a wonderful beginning of a new decade...

much love and joy to you and yours
gabi

Mary Christine said...

You have said so many things I have been thinking - and so well. Thank you.

Blessings to you on this quiet peaceful dawning of a new decade.

Pammie said...

Happy New Year Mr. Ed.