Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy...


This year, more than most, I've greeted people with "Happy Holidays."  I was making no conscious effort to be cute or politically correct or anything.  It just seemed like the right thing to say this year.

Several times, people have corrected me to say "Merry Christmas" or commented about (criticized?) my greeting.

Interesting.

Are we just more sensitive this year?  Am I just being more sensitive this year?  Does anyone really give a flying fig?

Probably not...

Anyway, with all the sincerity I can muster, I truly wish for each of us a Happy Holiday time.  As I've written here in the past, this is a tough time for me (and, what, tens of millions of other drunks?) but I feel especially blessed to have found (been led to?) this blogging community this year.  I love you all and truly wish you each and all a new beginning and a wonderful day - this and every day.

Thank you.

7 comments:

garden-variety drunk said...

Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings and a kick-ass Christmas to you :)

steveroni said...

Thank you, Ed. A Happy Holiday season to you also, and on top of that, a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Joyful, Joyful!

Mary Christine said...

It's difficult for me too. And I appreciate another soul is willing to acknowledge that it is tough for them.

So, in the spirit of the season, I would like to wish you Happy Holidays. And happy every other day. I am so glad you are here. You have added immensely to this conversation and the depth of the community. Besides, I am really glad I got to meet you and the Missus, which I wouldn't without blogging - how odd is that?

Thank you.

Garnet said...

Happy, Joyous and Free Tidings to you and yours, Ed. Thanks for being here. Take care of yourself.

Mr. SponsorPants said...

A very merry, Ed -- I've had the same experience lately, with being "corrected" on what I say when I wish people a joyous season. It makes me sad, that somehow the consciousness has shifted that there's a "wrong" way to wish someone well, or that something is under attack. Seems some people are always ready to be wronged.
Regardless, thank you for blogging and all the best to you and yours in 2010!
Cheers!

Di-Git said...

Thank you for all your blogging!
Happy Holidays

Syd said...

I am just happy today--holiday or not.